Duran Duran comics: The Wild Boys


This is really just insanely self-amusing, even for me, but... I was goofing off in Photoshop, and I ended up turning Duran Duran's awesome "Wild Boys" video into a two-page comic book. (You know how I'm always yammering on about wanting to make a weird, glamorous adult-themed cartoon about Duran Duran? This is an obvious baby step in that general direction.) I think I like it -- Simon Le Bon's gloriously bizarre lyrics work really well when emblazoned across Russell Mulcahy's gloriously bizarre images.

A larger, readable version is after the jump:

(Click here for a super-big version)


Related link:

Comments

DKoren said…
That is wildly, awesomely cool. I dig it. (This has nothing to do with the fact that you use a shot of my favorite moment in the video (Simon's threatening backhand).

More? :D

Also... wow, I've misheard the lyrics forever. (the august moon line).
Morgan Richter said…
Aw, thanks! It was fun to do -- I was procrastinating badly on another project, and I've been fiddling with Photoshop lately for various reasons to try and recreate a comic kind of look, and... well, too many hours later, this was my end result. I'm game for doing more. Some of the videos -- "A View To a Kill" springs immediately to mind -- were really made for the comic book treatment.

Those Wild Boys lyrics... like you, I've misheard them forever. I had no idea about the August moon line until I looked it up. Ditto for "Where is all you angels, now the figureheads have fell/and lovers war with arrows over secrets they could tell." No idea on that one!
DKoren said…
I always thought it was "an August moon surrenders to..." I did know the "where is all you angels" one, amazingly enough, cuz the "where is all" grammar cracked me up.

I have to admit I'm not much of a lyric person. (Simon's lyrics are perfect for me. I'm not looking for meaning or even coherence, I just need syllables to go with the notes.) When I listen to songs, I have a very hard time picking out words in general. I just listen to the melody.

Oooh, and View to a Kill would be great. Union of the Snake too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Strange, Sick, Sad Career of Thomas Gibson

The Strange, Sick, Sad Career of Jonny Lee Miller

Teen Wolf 1-01: “Pilot”